His existence in plastic was not remarkable.
A man nicknamed “Baby Ken” nearly died in 2021 after spending over $117,000 on a Brazilian butt lift purchased on the underground market (BBL).
Tyler Dyvig, a 24-year-old New York native, claimed he received his first cosmetic treatment at age 15 and has since developed a taste for the scalpel.
Dyvig, who has 46,000 Instagram followers, disclosed that he had undergone pec augmentation, bicep augmentation, and a hair transplant.
The influencer told Jam Press, “I went the black market route because I didn’t have enough fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) and I didn’t want implants because they feel so unnatural.”
Dyvig stated that he received his first cosmetic treatment at the age of 15 and has grown a taste for the scalpel since then.
According to Dyvig, when he went in for the treatments — which cost him $1,500 per session — it felt like a typical operation.
“These injections were done by a nurse in her apartment, where you walk in and are taken into a back room with loads of sealed vials,” recalled Dyvig. “They all appeared to be perfectly safe, and she said they contained “excellent stuff” that she had been administering for years.
The 24-year-old continued, “I had her use a very thick silicone so it wouldn’t migrate, and she used nail glue to close the incisions so this wouldn’t leak out.” I endured severe agony, but was pleased with the outcome.
Despite being guaranteed of the nurse’s credentials, the young adult’s day did not proceed as planned.
Dyvig remarked, “For the first week, I felt fine, but then I began experiencing strange symptoms, including feeling weak, dizzy, and short of breath.” “I didn’t give it much thought until I experienced severe chest pain and noticed my standing heart rate was extremely elevated,”
In addition, he stated that he received six syringes of cosmetic filler in his jawline, resulting in a terrifying condition.
Dyvig claimed, “Three hours later, my speech became slurred and I kept passing out; I thought I was having a stroke.”
Dyvig was transported to the hospital, where he was initially diagnosed with supraventricular tachycardia — a sudden quickening of the heartbeat — but later diagnosed with the autoimmune condition postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, which causes a quickening of the heart in various situations.
Dyvig stated, “Due to the silicone injection toxin, my autonomic nervous system took a significant hit.” “Now I have trouble regulating my blood pressure, I’m constantly dizzy, and I’m always exhausted, which was not the case before.”
According to the influencer, multiple plastic surgeons have urged him to maintain the silicone injections within his body, as removing them could poison his bloodstream.
Dyvig stated, “I was extremely fortunate that the silicone was not injected into any artery or vein, as I would have died of an embolism.” It makes me sick to my stomach that I put my life in the hands of someone who wasn’t even a registered physician.
Dyvig also claimed that the underground treatment made him lethargic and drove him to withdraw from his pals.
“I felt like a prisoner in my own body, and I still fear for my life every day,” he claimed. “As a result, I became a recluse, stopped going out with my friends, began sleeping more, and felt I had no purpose in life.
Dyvig stated that the entire experience has made him question his necessity for surgery and reduced his desire to obtain injections from the illicit market.
Dyvig stated, “It has completely altered my outlook on life, as I am no longer motivated by plastic surgery.”
He added that his near-death experience motivated him to educate people about the hazards of injections purchased on the underground market and to pursue a nurse practitioner certification.
Dyvig stated, “I remember how terrified I was and I hope to make a difference in someone else’s life with everything I’ve been through.” “I will never make the mistake of getting injections from the black market again because it could have easily killed me, and I thank God every day that it didn’t.”
»I almost perished from $117K in black-market BBL injections«