If your Social Security of SA Agency (SASSA) R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant has been approved you can now collect your benefit from Pick n Pay and Boxer stores countrywide.
HOW TO YOU COLLECT YOUR GRANT?
Pick n Pay and Boxer said in a statement issued that they are the first retailers to become a collection point for the SASSA SRD grant.
“Pick n Pay and Boxer are proud to assist grant beneficiaries access their funds more conveniently and safely, ensuring they receive much needed relief quicker than before,” said John Bradshaw, retail executive: Omnichannel, Pick n Pay
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GETTING YOUR GRANT AT THESE STORES
Here’s what you need to do to get your SASSA SRD grant at one of these stores:
- 1. The grant applicant receives an SMS from the South African Social Services Agency (SASSA) confirming their successful SRD grant application.
- 2. A SRD grant beneficiary will receive an SMS message from SASSA confirming collection point and advising on the day of collection.
- 3. Beneficiary must take their ID and physical cellphone (number registered at SASSA) along to the store when collecting their grant.
- 4. Enter ID number and the registered SASSA cell phone number at the till point to confirm the funds are available for collection.
- 5. Beneficiary immediately receives a USSD message to which they must approve on their cellphone before the cash is handed over.
Beneficiaries will never be asked to enter personal information on their cell phones or to click on a link.
It’s important to remember that Pick n Pay and Boxer do not manage the application and approval of grant funds, or when and where collections can be made. This is a process run entirely by Postbank.
Only grant recipients who have received an SMS from SASSA confirming their collection pay-out point as either Pick n Pay or Boxer can use the new collections points.
Pick n Pay collection points for the SASSA SRD grant to exclude BP Pick n Pay Express, Pick n Pay Clothing, and Pick n Pay Liquor stores.
Pick n Pay is also a SASSA grant pay-out point. These payments are made over three days each month for eligible pension, disability and child grants.