The management of the School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS), Federal University, Otuoke (FUOTUOKE), Bayelsa State has commenced the sale of application forms for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session..
FUOTUOKE Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- An applicant for admission to a PGD Programmes shall be a graduate of Federal University Otuoke, or any other approved University with at least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related Discipline. For HND holders a minimum of Lower Credit is acceptable in the relevant Departments.
Master’s Degree Programmes:
- An applicant for admission to a Masters Degree Programme shall be a graduate of Federal University, Otuoke, or any other approved university with not less than Second Lass (lower Division).
Master’s of Philosophy Degree Programmes:
An applicant for admission to the Master of Philosophy Degree Programmes shall be:
- A graduate of Federal University, Otuoke, or any other approved university who possesses a First Degree and Master Degree in an area relevant to his course of study.
Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes:
An applicant for admission to the Ph.D. Degree programme shall be:
- A graduate of Federal University, Otuoke, or any other approved university who possesses a Master Degree with research thesis and a weighted coursework average which shall normally not less than CGPA of 3.5.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE:
- In addition to the admission requirements as published, All Candidates should kindly note that in accordance with the University regulations, they must satisfy the O’Level requirements for matriculation into first degree programmes of Federal University, Otuoke, i.e. Five Credit passes in relevant subjects at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics (where required).
Duration of FUOTUOKE Postgraduate Programmes
- PGD. Degree Programmes
- PGD. Degree by Coursework– 2 Semesters
- Master’s Degree Programmes
- Master’s Degree by Coursework and Research Thesis – 3 Semesters
- M.Phil. Degree Programmes
- M.Phil. Degree by Coursework and Research Thesis – 4 Semesters
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) Degree Programmes
- Minimum Duration – 6 Semesters
How to Apply for FUOTUOKE Postgraduate Admission Form
Candidates can conveniently complete the application form and pay by taking the following steps:
- Logon to https://ecampus.fuotuoke.edu.ng/
- Click on the APPLICATIONS then on POST-GRADUATE.
- Click on BUY PIN to purchase the Application PIN.
- Enter your Name, email and Phone Number and then CLICK on PAY USING REMITA and continue with payment.
- A transaction success page containing your Application PIN for all successful payments will be shown on your screen also an email containing your Application PIN will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Use the Application PIN to START APPLICATION, fill out all forms appropriately and make all compulsory uploads (as listed below).
- Passport Photograph
- First Sitting O’level
- Second Sitting O’level Result (where applicable)
- Birth Certificate/Age Declaration
- LGA Identification Letter
- First Degree Certificate
- Masters Degree Certificate (where applicable)
- Submit your application and print out your application summary page.
Forward duplicate copies of the summary page and photocopies of documents listed below:
- University Degree Certificate(s)
- NYSC Discharge Certificate/Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate (WAEC/NECO)
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- LGA Identification Letter
- A research proposal of not more than 3 pages and not more than 5 pages for Master’s and PhD students respectively.
- The original transcript obtained from the Applicant’s University plus duly completed downloaded Federal University Otuoke, School of Postgraduate Studies Transcript Label ()-() must be properly addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies
Federal University, Otuoke