An organic airbrush spray tan is the best way to achieve a natural-looking, bronze glow without exposing your skin to harmful UV rays. Unlike traditional self-tanning methods, organic airbrush spray tanning uses a zero-toxicity, FDA-approved solution that is applied evenly and smoothly by a professional technician using an airbrush gun.The result is a beautiful, sun-kissed look that is safe for your skin and lasts for up to two weeks.
How does spray tan work?
Organic airbrush spray tans use a solution that is made with all-natural ingredients, such as organic DHA (dihydroxyacetone). DHA is a sugar-derived compound that interacts with the amino acids in the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin, causing them to darken. This process is known as the Maillard reaction and is what gives foods like bread and roasted coffee their distinct brown color.
When applied to the skin, DHA reacts with the proteins in the outermost layer of skin cells, causing the color of the skin to darken. The DHA in organic airbrush spray tan solutions is derived from sugar beets or sugar cane, and is FDA-approved for use in cosmetic products.
Organic airbrush spray tan solutions also contain other organic ingredients, such as aloe vera and green tea extract, that nourish and moisturize the skin. These solutions are applied using an airbrush gun, which evenly distributes the solution over the skin.
The color of an organic airbrush spray tan will develop within 2-4 hours after application, and will last for 5-7 days. To extend the life of your tan, it is important to moisturize regularly and avoid exfoliating the skin.
What are the benefits of an organic airbrush spray tan?
Organic airbrush spray tanning is a safe and healthy alternative to traditional sun tanning or self-tanning methods. Sun tanning can cause premature aging, wrinkles, and skin cancer, while self-tanning products can be full of toxic chemicals that are absorbed into your skin.
What should I expect during my organic airbrush spray tanning session?
- Your organic airbrush spray tanning session will last about 10-15 minutes. During this time, your technician will apply the solution evenly to your skin using an airbrush gun.
- You will then be given a pair of disposable undergarments to protect your clothing. You will be asked to wait a few minutes for the solution to dry before dressing.
- After your session, you should avoid showering, sweating, or getting your skin wet for at least 8 hours. This will allow the solution to set and develop into a natural-looking tan.
How long will my organic airbrush spray tan last?
Your organic airbrush spray tan will last for up to two weeks. To prolong your tan, avoid exfoliating or using harsh soaps on your skin. You should also moisturize regularly to keep your skin hydrated.
Can everyone get an organic airbrush spray tan?
What is the difference between an organic airbrush spray tan and a regular spray tan?
Regular spray tans are made with a chemical solution that can be harsh on your skin. They also often contain fragrance and other ingredients that can irritate your skin.
Organic airbrush spray tans are made with an FDA-approved, zero-toxicity solution that is safe for your skin. They are also Fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.
Do I need to do anything to prepare for my organic airbrush spray tan?
Yes, there are a few things you should do to prepare for your organic airbrush spray tan.
- First, you should exfoliate your skin to remove any dead skin cells. This will help the solution to evenly adhere to your skin.
- You should also avoid using any lotions, oils, or makeup on your skin before your session. These products can create a barrier between your skin and the solution, resulting in an uneven tan.
- You should wear loose, comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting stained. You will also be given a pair of disposable undergarments to wear during your session.
The Bottom Line
Organic airbrush spray tan is a natural and safe way to get bronzed and sun kissed glow. While it is safe for people with all skin types, the only potential side effect of an organic airbrush spray tan is temporary skin irritation. This is usually caused by the solution being applied too thickly or by forgetting to exfoliate before your session. If you experience any skin irritation, please discontinue use and consult with your doctor.